Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions – Early Childhood Ireland’s National Early Childhood Research Conference 2020
Opening Date: 6 January 2020
Closing Date: 21 February 2020
Learning Story of the Year (Written to a child) NEW!
Learning Story – Emergent Curriculum in Action Learning Story of the Year (Written about a group of children) NEW!
Best Learning Story from ‘Newcomer’ setting (individual child or group) NEW!
Inspired Practice Award
Partnership with Families Innovation Award
LINC Award for Leadership in Inclusion
Pedagogical Leader Award NEW!
First 5 Award for Transitions for Children NEW!
(for more information on each award click here)
All awards categories are open to services, and educators within the services in the case of the Pedagogical Leader and LINC awards, that are:
- Current members of Early Childhood Ireland; (excluding LINC Award for Leadership in Inclusion and First 5 Award for Transitions for Children which are open to all settings).
- Provide early learning and care to children from birth to school-age (sessional, part-time, full-time);
- Tusla-registered*; and
- Deemed by Tusla’s Early Years Inspectorate to have sufficiently met the national regulatory requirements* and are not subject to Tusla enforcement action.
- Only services that have appointed a LINC Graduate as an Inclusion Coordinator (INCO) are eligible to be nominated or to self-nominate for the LINC Award for Leadership in Inclusion.
- Only services that have not previously entered any Early Childhood Ireland Awards categories are eligible to apply for the Best learning Story from a Newcomer Award.
Application is online only through the Early Childhood Ireland conference website, Apply here. Applicants upload their application to this form. They also must sign the Declaration at the end of the application form.
It is free to enter the Early Childhood Ireland National Awards 2020.
Yes. You can enter as many categories as you see fit.
In the ‘upload file here’ box click or drag your word document into the box.
You have two options
Option 1: Using your scanner on your printer or a phone scanner app, scan the 36 photo consents. The scanned consents with be saved as one file (follow your scanners instructions), then upload your file into the ‘upload file here’ box on the application form.
Option 2: Photograph each consent and add to a word document and upload the document into the ‘upload file here’ box on the application form.
Yes! please check application submission criteria for each award.
Internal and External Judges will review all applications against the award criteria and will mark the application accordingly.
The awards’ scoring system is as follows:
A total of 100 marks is available for each award.
The criteria for judging each award is divided into 4 themes. 25 marks is the maximum that can be awarded in each theme.
The marks for each of the 4 themes will be added to get a total.
The highest score out of a possible total of 100 wins the award.
A minimum of 15 marks must be scored by applicants in each of the 4 themes, and 60 is the minimum total mark that must be achieved to remain a contender
Yes. But you must give Early Childhood Ireland at least 8 weeks’ notice of the cancellation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All winning applications will be announced and presented with an award and a bursary at the Early Childhood Ireland Awards Gala Dinner on April 3rd, 2020.
Early Childhood Ireland will promote Award winners on our social media platforms and website, and in our press releases and press coverage.
Award winners can link posts to their social media platforms and website.
The content of the winning submissions may be included in Early Childhood Ireland research publications, online and in print, and in ECI ‘good practice’ resources etc. See consent forms for more detail.
The awards presentations take place at ECI Gala Dinner on Friday 3 April 2020, Please see the link for more detail
Photos – if are embedded in your story, click or drag your whole word document into the ‘upload file here’ box.
Photos – if photo is separate – click or drag your photo into the ‘upload file here’ box.
In the ‘tell your story box’, type in your text or copy and paste your text into the box. In the ‘upload file here’ box click or drag your supporting documents
* NOTE: WHERE A SERVICE SUBMITTING AN ENTRY TO THE AWARDS IS OWNED BY A PERSON OR ORGANISATION/FRANCHISE WITH MORE THAN ONE SERVICE, ALL OF THE SERVICES MUST BE TUSLA-REGISTERED, BE DEEMED TO HAVE SUFFICIENTLY MET NATIONAL REGULATORY STANDARDS BY TUSLA AND ARE NOT SUBJECT TO TUSLA ENFORCEMENT ACTION.